The Application Context
The intervention involved the renovation and refunctionalization of a portion of Palazzo Balbo di Vinadio, a listed historic building in the center of Turin. The original building unit was distributed on three levels: the main floor and two mezzanine floors, connected by internal staircases.
The client's objective was to transform the rooms, through a change of use, from offices to residential, obtaining two independent units.
The main challenge was precisely to carefully study an internal layout that would consider the current needs for usability of the spaces in relation to the floor plan configuration of a historic building, made up of large rooms in sequence with each other.
In parallel, a careful work of restoration and preservation of all the valuable historical apparatus of the palace was carried out: frescoed walls and vaults, wooden and Venetian floors, coffered ceilings, blackout systems, fixed furniture.
Everything that was inserted within the original rooms, such as interior partitions and systems, was done with great respect for the place, through minimally invasive technologies.The new furniture elements inserted, mostly custom-made, look to the contemporary style, with minimalist features, which enhance the richness of the historic interiors of the building. In line with this philosophy, we chose to use Ekinex products, combining functionality, innovation and design.
The property is equipped with home automation systems for remote programming and control of lighting systems (scenario creation) and control of indoor thermal parameters.
FF series wall-mounted devices ('NF version) with keys in Graphite (GAL) finish
DIN rail modules
- EK-AG1-TP KNX bus power supply with 30 Vdc output
- EK-CD2-TP CD2 Universal Interface (4 IN / 4 OUT)
- EK-FE1-TP Binary output 8 channels / shutter actuator 4 channels
- EK-FF1-TP Binary output 16 channels / shutter actuator 8 channels
- EK-GF1-TP Dimmer 0-10 V 4 channels
- EK-STC-10K-3435 Temperature probe for contact measurement
- EK-STI-10K-3435 Immersion temperature probe
- EK-STL-10K-3435 Temperature probe for air measurement